Sometimes almost magic,
Awful, beautiful life
- N -
1. Positive Mental Attitude: When you awake each morning recite the affirmation "I feel healthy, I feel happy, I feel terrific!" Do this several times mentally and even out loud and see how your day goes. Give it time.
I woke up this morning & read a couple chapters from an inspirational book called, Simple Truths by Kent Nerburn. This is the thought & action I carried with me today to help me have a positive mental attitude.
."Knowledge is words; wisdom is silent" (K.Nerburn)
2. Sound Physical Health: Each day decide to eat healthy choices - at least for the meal you are currently having. No need to plan a month's menu - just remind yourself that you are the custodian of your own health, and that as caregiver you want to always select the best available options each day at every meal.Today marked my 8th early morning workout at Curves (It's a start). I find that I am enjoying getting my day started early. It motivates me - by 10am I have woke up, dressed, left the house, worked out, chatted with people, come home, showered, eaten breakfast,updated My Fitness Pal and I am ready to start the rest of my day. This is the thought & action I carried with me today to help me make healthy choices.
3. Harmony in Human Relationships: Instead of initiating a disagreement, initiate a solution. Refrain from combative behavior. Work toward collaboration.
4. Freedom from Fear: Little fears can lead to enormous ones. Always remember faith is the opposite of fear. Act in faith instead of failing to act due to fear.
5. The Hope of Achievement: Inspire yourself by creating a dream of your own to conceive, believe, and achieve.
6. The Capacity for Faith: Stretch your mind to embrace choices made with faith as the backbone to your decision. Soon you could sprout wings!
7. Willingness to Share One's Blessings: Make someone else's day. Focus on being the bearer of goodness instead of the recipient.
8. A Labor of Love: Do something each day that you love to do and would do regardless of the compensation.
9. An Open Mind on All Subjects: Say "yes" to an invitation that you would rather decline because you are not sure you would enjoy it.
10. Self-Discipline: Do a little more, work a little harder, tackle the dreaded task for the sake of showing yourself who is your real boss.Today it was really important to me that I completed 4 workouts in a single week period. I can be very easily dissuaded & knocked off course - it doesn't take much. So today I focused on my goals and made them a priority - I have no regrets about today's choices. This is the thought & action I carried with me today to help me improve my self-discipline.
11. The Capacity to Understand People: Learn to enjoy the company of diverse groups of people. Be all-embracing rather than exclusionary.
12. Financial Security: Make setting aside money for a future purpose a game of sorts that represents gratification - but at a later date. Mark savings on a calendar with an ending date and final amount in mind. You are not denying yourself, but rewarding yourself on a designated date.
- DARRYL WORLEY -I love this crazy, tragic,Sometimes almost magic,Awful, beautiful life
- N -
My 2nd blog post was called, 'Love/Hate' and looked like this ...
Who am I:Top 10 things I love about me:
1. I am the "Flubber" of optimism - every day is a fresh start.
8. I love nature ~ it makes perfect sense to me!
9. I am slightly creative & creatively delusional at all times.
10. I never take myself or life too seriously, my nickname growing up was - "Happy Go Lucky".
Bottom 10 things I hate about me:
10. I am a walking contradiction (see items 1 - 8)
What to do....